By Joining NITL, your Company Will:
- Gain a seat at the table on Capitol Hill, directly accessing U.S. Congress and federal agencies through NITL policy advisors and advocates
- Become part of a strong and influential group of freight transportation industry leaders
- Engage with an extensive network of peers with similar interests in the transportation sector
- Receive timely information and updates to help make informed business decisions
- Acquire knowledge that improves job performance, advances professional status, and delivers results to your business
Advocacy and Policy Development
The League has long been recognized as a leader in promoting sound freight policies over all transportation modes. Both domestically and internationally, the League is respected and is looked to as a reliable and credible resource in understanding how new initiatives will affect the freight transportation industry. League members gain high visibility with federal agencies and decision makers in Washington D.C., benefit from collective representation on key issues affecting freight movements, and receive timely and accurate information on policy and regulatory proposals.
Our diverse membership includes transportation decision makers, suppliers, and intermediaries as well as a nucleus of individuals dedicated to moving commerce domestically and internationally. Membership in the League fosters peer to peer relationship development, enabling members to bolster their professional status and industry standing, while strengthening their knowledge base within their various professions. Members can further engage with peers through participation in NITL modal committees and through the annual NIT League Transportation Summit.
Education and Information
Career advancement, meeting new challenges and taking advantage of the latest opportunities and trends requires today’s freight transportation professional to be up to date on the latest developments. League members acquire direct access to top subject matter experts representing the industrial freight transportation sector. Members receive information and updates on important issues through a variety of channels, including a weekly email newsletter, webinars, email and social media. The League offers a members-only website that provides access to valuable resources such as research, legal analyses, and industry publications.