The 2017 NIT League Transportation Summit, held January 30 through February 1 in San Diego, brought together professionals from across the freight transportation sector for three days of learning, networking, and forward thinking.
The Summit packed plenty of educational punch into its schedule, as evidenced by these activities:
- a keynote address by acclaimed business consultant Ken Blanchard, author of the best-selling book, The One-Minute Manager;
- panel presentations on rail, ocean, and highway freight transportation issues, featuring government officials, economists, business analysts, and industry executives;
- an exhibit hall featuring leading vendors of industry-specific products and services; and
- League committee meetings that explored issues affecting freight transportation and efforts being taken to address them.
Summit participants had a number of opportunities to build and strengthen their business and personal relationships at events such as these:
- a mixer for early-career freight transportation professionals;
- a reception that brought together stakeholders from across the industry;
- a golf tournament at the famed Fairmont Grand del Mar; and
- a dinner at the Summit site, the Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa.
Interested in discussing not just today’s challenges but tomorrow’s as well? The Summit had plenty to offer, including these events:
- a presentation and panel discussion about navigating the changing dynamics of the workplace and especially the growing generational diversity of the workforce; and
- a panel presentation on the short- and long-term energy outlook and its impact on freight transportation.
For more information about the Summit, visit these pages: